We are committed to processing your data in a lawful and fair way, and will offer transparency to all our processes as required by law.
We will only use your data for the purposes it was collected and will limit it to what is necessary for us to be a useful resource to our candidates, clients and other external contacts.
We will maintain accurate records for ongoing relationships and will not keep data for longer than necessary if deletions are requested.
Your data is kept secure by a third-party specialist IT provider which is based in the UK.
Our commitment to privacy will apply to:
- Candidates looking for temporary or permanent work.
- Candidates who have previously been registered with us.
- Clients who are looking for a new employee.
- Clients who have used our service to recruit a new employee in the past.
- Suppliers of services to our company.
- Other external contacts we may need to request information from.
1. Candidates looking for temporary or permanent work.
- We will only register your details with us if we feel able to help in your job search. We will ask for basic data from you to ensure we contact you with the most appropriate vacancies. This data is stored electronically and is only accessed by the director of the company.
- A limited amount of paper-based documents will be held for reference purposes during your job search.
- Your personal data and any certificates, ID or passport copies will be held electronically.
- We will only share your data with clients who are based at companies in the immediate geographical area and who have a vacancy which we feel meets your requirements and expectations.
- We do not perform any marketing activity outside the presentation of your CV to a client with a specific vacancy.
- On occasion we might share your CV with a client on a speculative basis but this will only be done with your prior permission.
- Paper documents are only kept for as long as your job search continues. Once you have found a job or tell us you are no longer looking, your paper file will be destroyed by a confidential waste company.
- If you undertake a temporary assignment with us then information necessary for us to pay you will be held by our external payroll bureau.
2. Candidates who have previously been registered with us.
We may hold on to your personal data in electronic format as this can make it easier for you to re-register with us in the future. We can delete any of this data at your request at any time. We will never share this data with a third party nor will we use it for marketing purposes.
3. Clients who are looking for a new employee.
We will hold data such as your name, job title and company address/contact details in our database and in electronic format. However, we will only contact you when you request that we do so, pertaining to a vacancy you have instructed us to recruit.
We do not undertake any marketing activities outside this recruitment procedure and will never share your data with any outside parties, with the exception of a candidate, temp or new employee and even then, only with your consent.
We will provide you with any information relating to you as an individual within your employment company at any time, and will delete this information at your request.
4. Clients who have used our service to recruit a new employee in the past.
We may hold on to your basic contact details to ensure a more efficient service in the future but will never share this data or use it for marketing purposes. We will delete this data at any time at your request.
5. Suppliers of services to our company.
We will hold on to your contact details in order that we can pay you in a timely manner, however will never share this with another party nor use it for marketing purposes unless required for legal or compliance reasons.
6. Other external contacts we may need to request information from.
We may hold on to your contact details in order to ensure an efficient process in the future, however we will never share this with another party nor use it for marketing purposes unless required for legal or compliance reasons.
This has been produced by Clair Berry, Managing Director of Accountancy Recruitment Consultants Ltd.
15 May 2018