Tax Consultant, £45-50,000
My client is Innov8 R&D Ltd., an established research and development tax credit consultancy which has a growing client base and an exciting future ahead. The tax consultant will report to the managing director and be part of a close-knit team of dedicated professionals who really pull together to deliver results.
In this challenging role, your remit will include the following:
• Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients.
• Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them with respect to clients’ development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met.
• Creating clear technical and financial documents to justify R&D activities to UK tax authorities.
• Undertaking the technical assessment of claims and producing the technical summary in a clear concise, succinct way.
• Supporting R&D Tax Relief claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries.
• Liaise with HMRC on client’s behalf.
• Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries.
• Keeping clients updated on the ongoing development of the R&D tax relief scheme.
Key qualifications, skills and work experience required are:
• Part-qualified/qualified Tax Consultant or Accountant with at least 3 years’ experience of processing CT600s.
• Excellent report writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively to clients.
• Experience in UK Corporation tax, including experience is losses.
• An interest in applying simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors.
• Outstanding numerical skills and a proven track record of working to tight deadlines.
• Experience in dealing with HMRC or other tax authorities.
• Trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work under own initiative and to deadlines.
If you are confident in your ability in these key areas, and are looking for a position which will offer you a really interesting and challenging client-facing role, then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that this is a full-time position – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm with additional hours required at times, and also some travel to client sites. Preferred start date will be March 2022.