Purchase Ledger Assistant, Ferring
Yeomans Limited is a successful, privately-owned motor retail business which operates twenty-two dealerships and represents eight franchises – Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai Citroen, DS Automobiles, Vauxhall and Peugeot. Several Yeomans dealerships are among the UK top performers in their respective franchises. Operating locations span the South coast of England from Bexhill to Plymouth and extend inland as far as Guildford & Farnham.
Employing in the region of 450 personnel group wide, the company enjoys an annual turnover in excess of £200 million, retailing over 12,600 new & used vehicles and trading a further 4,800 used vehicles. You will be based at the company’s newly constructed Head Office in Worthing where the accounts team control a centralised set-up and also where the Managing Director and Finance Director are based.
Your role as Purchase Ledger Assistant will involve working closely as part of a team in the same office but also work with colleagues based at dealerships across the south coast. Together you will look after all aspects of the Purchase Ledger for the twenty-two dealerships and will form an important part of the larger Accounts Department.
Key responsibilities are:
· To accurately register Purchase Invoices and Credit Notes onto the CDK Autoline system ready for manager approval;
· Develop a working knowledge of several manufacturer IT systems to extract documents ready for processing daily.
· Assume responsibility for a proportion of supplier accounts on the Purchase Ledger, reconciling supplier statements accurately and on-time ready for the month-end payment run;
· Liaise with suppliers and dealership staff to resolve queries and help set up new supplier accounts;
· Assist with cheque processing and day-to-day office administration.
Applications are sought from candidates who can display previous experience in a busy Purchase Ledger department and looking to make a long-term commitment to a successful, well-structured company. Hours are 08:30 to 17:00, Monday to Friday, with parking on site, 22 days’ holiday and a company pension.
Salary is within the range of £20-23,000.