Practice / Office Manager, Innov8 R&D
My client is Innov8 R&D Ltd., an established research and development tax credit consultancy which has a growing client base and an exciting future ahead. The practice/office manager will report to the managing director, providing him and the senior consultants with an efficient and highly effective support service. In this key role, you will take over responsibility for all aspects of administration, operations and compliance for the business and your remit will be varied and challenging.
Key duties will include:
- To be the go-to person for colleagues with regard to schedule management, back-office processes, controls and compliance.
- The HR function – to include recruitment, offers/contracts, onboarding and ensuring ongoing employee relations matters are managed correctly.
- Accounting tasks such as dealing with clients to ensure accounts and contact details have been recorded accurately on the CRM database and that HMRC submissions have been made in a timely manner.
- Credit control and general company bookkeeping.
- Overseeing the team’s workload to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Maintaining CRM and other records with all associated data input and administration.
- Extensive use of Excel and other accounting, reporting and presentation tools.
- Keeping the managing director informed of important issues arising and providing him with PA support as required.
Our ideal candidate for this important position will bring:
- An accounting qualification such as AAT or ATT, or equivalent practical bookkeeping experience.
- Experience of working to a high standard in a professional practice environment, or with a business in which there is a strong emphasis on compliance and quality of service.
- Fantastic customer service skills and a proven commitment to supporting colleagues within a business to meet team objectives.
- Strong administrative experience – happy to undertake data input and clerical tasks.
- Advanced Excel skills and an aptitude for modern accounting/business tools and applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working directly for the owner/director of a business and in running all aspects of office management, administration and HR.
- A positive attitude and the ability to adapt easily to change.
If you are a talented Practice/Office Manager who is keen for a fresh opportunity and would like to be part of an expanding company, then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that this is a full-time, office-based role. The company is currently based on the Lancing business park and will be moving to an office in Worthing in the near future. Salary range is £28-30,000.
The planned start date is January 2022.