Management Accountant – Harwoods Group: £35,000
Harwoods Group is a prestige car sales and servicing company with 20 dealerships and accident repair centres around the south of England – from Kent to the New Forest. The company represents brands such as Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Bentley, Volvo, Aston Martin and McLaren. All aspects of accounts processing and finance are run from the Pulborough office.
The group accounts team consists of eight management accountants and is headed up by the group financial controller. The new management accountant position has been created to support extra workload being generated by business growth. The team works closely together to maintain the financial and management accounting for the company and all its franchises. Key duties for the management accounting team include:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Inter-company account reconciliations
- Funding reconciliations
- Tax analysis – maintaining the Excel spreadsheet for auditor review
- Weekly forecast preparation
- Assist in preparing monthly management accounts
- Supporting the group FC and other team members in ad hoc tasks as required
- Liaising with the accounts processing teams as necessary
- Extensive use of Excel and the Pinnacle accounting system (training provided on the latter as it is a bespoke motor trade system)
- Maintaining close relationships with heads of business and managers at the dealerships and visiting the sites a minimum of once a month to review debtors & assist as necessary
- Helping to improve processes and procedures as appropriate.
The successful person will have:
- Proven experience in daily financial accounting with some experience preferred in management accounting duties
- The full AAT qualification or be actively studying towards ACCA or CIMA
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well in a team to ensure team and company objectives are met
- Advanced Excel skills
- A driving licence and car
- Terrific communication skills and a helpful and positive approach.