Management Accountant – Hargreaves, Rustington
My client is The Hargreaves Group, an established privately-owned business which specialises in commercial and residential property investment and development across the South East of England. The group holds a mixed portfolio of over 2,000,000 sq. ft. of commercial property and over 100 residential units, and has ambitious growth plans.
The position of management accountant reports to the group financial controller and has a wide-ranging remit which includes:
- Preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax returns for group and non-group entities, including consolidations
- Month end finance reports and quarterly management accounts for board reporting, including commentary
- Assisting with annual budgeting
- Investment appraisals
- Daily treasury management and cashflow reporting
- Statutory compliance and company secretarial support work
- New tenant and supplier covenant checks
- Assisting with VAT returns
- Assisting with training and mentoring other staff members.
As well as being a highly proactive, professional and flexible person with a willingness to learn, you will also bring:
- Qualification in ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar (fully- or part-qualified)
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- An understanding of accounts and tax software
- Enthusiasm to get involved in a successful and thriving family-owned business and work with a small team
- Strong statutory accounts experience
- FRS102 knowledge
- Experience in consolidated accounts preparation.
Previous property industry experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
If you believe you have the expertise and aptitude to meet the challenge of this varied role, then please forward your CV now with a brief covering email explaining why you are interested in the opportunity and what you feel you can offer.
Salary is in the region of £35-48,000 and an attractive benefits package is offered, including 25 days’ holiday, life and health insurance, employee engagement program and a performance-related bonus scheme. On-site parking is available.