Junior Management Accountant
I am really proud to be recruiting for my client, DW Electrical, a well-established and successful electrical contracting company operating from a busy head office in Portslade. Serving the South East and London primarily, the business has an annual turnover of c£7m with ambitions to grow this further over the next five years. Commercial projects range from £50k to £4m and are in various sectors including construction, hospitality, healthcare, education, office fit outs and maintenance.
Reporting to the finance director, the junior management accountant will be responsible for:
- Daily reconciliations
- Daily job costings & Sage entries
- Daily post management
- Paying in cheques
- Assisting with weekly cash flow and monthly management accounts
- Work In Progress preparation
- CIS & VAT returns
- Chasing payments and aged debt management
- Customer and supplier statements
- Invoice dispute management
- Pension returns
- PAYE / NI / CIS records.
To be considered for this varied role which offers excellent prospects, you will be:
- Ambitious, self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative
- Keen to take responsibility for all tasks undertaken and able to multi-task
- A great communicator, both verbally and in written work
- Highly proficient in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Educated to A’ level standard or equivalent
- Able to deal effectively and professionally with senior managers, colleagues, and customers/suppliers.
If you have experience in commercial accounting and are determined to contribute and progress within a growing business, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that hours are 08:30 to 17:30, Monday to Thursday, and 08:30 to 17:00 on Fridays – with a half-hour lunch break each day. Salary range is £25-30,000 and benefits include:
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes