Group HR Manager, Worthing, £60,000
Yeomans Ltd. is a successful, privately-owned motor retail business which operates 35 dealerships and represents 12 franchises such as Audi, Volkswagen, Citroen, Peugeot and Nissan. Operating locations span the south coast of England, from Bexhill-on-Sea in East Sussex to Helston in Cornwall and extend inland as far as Guildford, Farnham and Bridgwater.
Due to continued expansion, the new position of group HR manager has been created, offering an exciting career move for a motor trade HR professional to provide coaching and guidance to managers, whilst also providing insight on any case trends to the operations board. You will have strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to advise, guide and influence at varying levels within the business, whilst assessing and advising on any commercial risks.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage HR departmental areas including payroll, employee relations, HR admin, learning and development, internal recruitment, employee engagement, and maintaining and improving HR systems.
- Provide advice and direction to the HR team on work priorities, budget and staff resources, strategic, policy, organisation and staff management issues.
- Current regulation compliance, including accepted professional standards, policies and procedures and legislation, including legislation on data protection, the Equality Act and health and safety.
- Manage the development and implementation of employment policies.
- Ensure employment law, HR policy, best practice and workforce development are applied.
- Manage the execution of the HR Strategy to ensure achievement of the objectives.
- Support HR staff to ensure that all relevant professional standards are met.
- Proven experience within a senior HR role in a fast-paced motor trade environment.
- Experience in organisational change processes, for example TUPE consultation.
- Experience of managing medium-high risk HR cases to conclusion.
- Good understanding and application of employment legislation.
- Strong communication and listening skills, being comfortable in coaching, advising and influencing managers dealing with HR issues.
- Ability to assess risks and make fair decisions that meet the needs of the business.
- Strong team player who is confident and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly develop a rapport and strong working relationships remotely, across all levels, within the wider HR team and business teams.
- Strong organisational skills able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure with good attention to detail.
- You should be qualified either as Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in HR Management, or CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in HR Management.
This will be an office-based role at the Worthing head office and will include occasional travel to sites across the South and South West of England. A company car and fuel card will be provided (driving licence required).
If you are an experienced motor trade HR manager, and are looking for a fresh challenge with an established and growing business, then we would love to hear from you!
Hours: 08:30 – 17:30, Monday to Friday
Package: Fully expensed company vehicle, private medical insurance, company mobile phone and laptop, 22 days’ holiday per annum