Group Financial Controller, Littlehampton, c£80,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished chartered accountant to join a successful and expanding real estate business based at their head office in West Sussex. Reporting to the finance director, you will head up a small finance team and be responsible for all aspects of financial / management accounting, systems development, compliance and people management.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- The production of the Finance Board report on a quarterly basis.
- Collating the Chairman’s report on a monthly basis.
- Cash management and supporting the FD on financing for the business in line with business strategy.
- Production of financial statements for the group.
- Supervising and co-ordination of the audit process.
- Preparation of Corporate Tax returns for the business, liaising with external accountants other tax professionals where appropriate.
- Supervising VAT/CIS returns and ensure they are completed/submitted on a timely basis.
- Adding value where appropriate either through trends/analysis or KPI’s to gain insight into the business.
- Payroll payments and HMRC submissions.
- Managing the Development Process for ongoing projects.
- Providing analysis, commentary and presentation of budgets, strategy / profitability analysis, Long Term Incentive Plans, new accounting software and bonus structures.
Our ideal candidate for this challenging and rewarding role will be:
- A professionally qualified accountant (ACA/ACMA/ACCA).
- An advanced user of Excel.
- Able to bring experience of working in real estate investment and management although this isn’t essential.
- A proactive individual who maintains absolute integrity and confidentiality; is trustworthy, honest, reliable and discreet.
- Able to challenge constructively whilst also listening to others with evident engagement.
- An effective team player who can also lead and motivate a finance team.
- Highly experienced working as a Senior Management Accountant or FC of a stand-alone group, or a division of a large, successful company. Able to adapt to a family-owned business culture.
- A strong communicator who is proficient at presenting financial and management reports to other senior executives, stakeholders and board members.
- Happy to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and relishes working in an SME environment.
If this opportunity has caught your interest then please forward your CV with a succinct covering email. Please note that we can only respond to candidates who already live within a reasonable commute of Littlehampton in West Sussex have a CV which meets our criteria. Salary is in the region of £70-90,000 with a bonus scheme, pension and 25 days’ holiday. We look forward to hearing from you!