Finance Officer – St Barnabas House
I am really proud to be working on behalf of my wonderful client, St Barnabas House & Chestnut Tree House, in the recruitment of the important new role of finance officer.
Reporting to the finance manager you will be a key player in the smooth running of the accounting function and will have responsibility for:
• Reconciling bank accounts
• Processing purchase ledger invoices – dealing with queries and making supplier payments through the invoice management system.
• Deputising for the finance manager as required in other aspects of daily accounts
• Supporting budget holders by providing them with information as required
• Processing on-line donations, Gift Aid claims and PayPal transfers
• Producing reports
• Processing and allocating sales ledger invoices and payments
• Ensuring accurate VAT calculations.
To be considered for this varied role you will bring:
• A good level of general education
• A minimum of three years’ recent experience in a similar role
• Experience in working with a large volume of cash and on-line transactions
• Proficiency in the use of modern accounting applications
• Great communication and team playing skills
• A high level of numeracy and literacy with proven analytical ability
• Self-motivation and a commitment to meeting deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to apply your experience and talents to benefit one of the area’s leading and most loved charities, then please forward your CV now!
Working hours are 30 per week over four days to include a Friday. Remuneration shown is pro rata (i.e., the salary if position were full-time). This is an office-based position with flexibility of working from home occasionally. Hours are 08:30 – 17:00 and finishing at 16:00 on Fridays. Salary range is £25-28,000.
Please note that on this occasion we are only able to reply to candidates who have directly relevant experience and who already live within an easy commute of Worthing.