Finance Manager, Chichester
This is a wonderful career opportunity for a commercially minded finance manager to join a growing SME which has an impressive reputation and a fantastic future ahead. The directors recruit high-calibre people in order to drive their plans and are now ready to bring in a talented finance professional to head up all aspects of financial control, compliance, debt management and reporting.
Working very closely with directors, sales and purchasing teams your remit will include:
– Daily bookkeeping using QuickBooks.
– Credit control involving direct and indirect communication with debtors to ensure healthy cash flow.
– Production and presentation of monthly management accounts and attending monthly review meetings with the directors to discuss business performance against plans and past performance.
– Forecasting/budgeting – working with directors to set realistic goals and budgets for the business and then helping to ensure the business sticks to the plan.
– Supplier payment runs and enquiries.
– Overseeing outsourced payroll and expense payments.
– Liaising with external accountants.
Our ideal candidate for this varied and rewarding opportunity will be:
– Qualified AAT or with equivalent part-qualification in ACCA, ACMA or ACA.
– Able to demonstrate directly relevant experience at FM level with a small to medium-sized business.
– Commercially minded – someone who relishes being involved with business operations and can communicate very effectively with colleagues in sales and purchasing as well as with external contacts.
– Self-motivated and committed to ensuring financial and management accounting processes are run efficiently and that reports, budgets and forecasts really add value to business profitability.
– Keen to apply and develop modern accounting systems and make appropriate improvements.
My client offers a competitive salary plus 25 days’ holiday. Parking is available on site. Hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with additional hours as required to meet deadlines. Salary range is £35-45,000 depending on experience and qualification.
Please note that on this occasion we can only respond to candidates who have directly relevant experience and who already live within an easy commute of Chichester in West Sussex.