Finance Manager, Angmering, c£45,000
My client is the Rustington Group, a successful privately-owned leisure business which incorporates Rustington Golf Centre and the ‘Out of Bounds’ activity centre. The finance manager will be responsible for all financial and management accounting for the group as well as providing full support to the managing director to enable him to successfully drive the business forward.
You remit will include:
• Manage the daily processing of purchase and sales ledger transactions, and all associated reconciliations and administration.
• Effective use and development of Xero and Excel spreadsheets.
• Maintain and develop positive supplier and customer relationships to ensure strong cashflow and maximise profitability.
• Prepare profit and loss forecasts and cashflows along with detailed commentary.
• Prepare / review department budgets and monitor performance including monthly meetings with managers.
• Stock and inventory review and control.
• Preparation of management accounts at month-end, provide succinct and meaningful commentary on results in comparison to forecast and previous year.
• Review and maintain internal controls.
• VAT submissions and payments.
• Review and submit of all statutory company external returns.
• Coordinate preparation & submission of year end accounts and corporation tax returns with external accountants.
• Manage and submit payroll information to the payroll bureau.
• Ensure compliance with all HMRC requirements for NIC, PAYE and corporation tax.
• Company secretarial duties such as Property Service Charges, utilities and insurances. Including service contracts, licences, data and PCI compliances.
To be considered for this key role within the business you will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
• A commercially-minded finance manager (fully- or part-qualified ACCA, ACA or ACMA) with a proven track-record of success in a similar role with a SME business.
• An empathy with a family-owned business culture.
• Strong experience in systems and process improvement. IT knowledge & skills including Xero, Auto Entry, Excel, and modern business systems.
• Attentive to detail – but also able to see the bigger picture.
• Excellent organisation and planning skills.
• Strong communication skills – a positive person who enjoys effective team work.
• Creative thinker and solution finder.
• Flexible, positive, honest and highly professional attitude
If this sounds like you and you are ready for a fresh challenge with one of the area’s most exciting businesses, then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday with 20 days’ holiday. Parking is available on site.
Please only apply if your CV is a good match to our requirements and you already live within an easy commute of Rustington in West Sussex.
We are sorry, but we are only able to reply to candidates who meet our criteria.