Finance Lead Assistant – St Barnabas House & Chestnut Tree House
I am really proud to be working on behalf of my wonderful client, St Barnabas House & Chestnut Tree House, in the recruitment of the important new role of finance lead assistant.
Reporting to the finance manager you will be a key player in the smooth running of the accounting function and will have responsibility for:
- Processing and banking income and reconciling bank accounts
- Processing purchase ledger invoices – dealing with queries and making supplier payments through the accounts system with the aim of becoming the finance super user!
- Processing sales ledger invoices
- Providing daily financial support to all areas of the organisation
- Keeping Gift Aid records up to date and producing information as required
- Accounting for VAT accurately
- Supporting the finance assistant with petty cash and credit card statements and reports at month end.
To be considered for this important and varied role you will bring:
- A good level of general education
- A minimum of one year’s recent experience in a similar busy accounting role
- Experience in working with a large volume of cash and on-line transactions
- Proficiency in the use of modern accounting applications and with strong Excel skills
- Great communication and team playing skills
- A high level of numeracy and literacy with proven analytical ability
- Self-motivation and a commitment to meeting deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to apply your experience and talents to benefit one of the area’s leading and most loved charities, then please forward your CV now!
This is an office-based position. After a six-month probation period you would be able to work one day per week from home. Hours are 37.5 per week. The salary range is £23,570 to £24,460.
We appreciate your interest in our client’s vacancy. Please note that on this occasion we are only able to reply to candidates who have directly relevant experience and who already live within an easy commute of Goring-by-Sea.