Company Accountant – Yeomans Ltd.
Ferring, West Sussex, £37,500 plus car and benefits
Yeomans Limited is a successful, privately-owned motor retail business which operates twenty-two dealerships and represents eight franchises – Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai Citroen, DS Automobiles, Vauxhall and Peugeot. Several Yeomans dealerships are among the UK top performers in their respective franchises. Operating locations span the South coast of England from Bexhill to Plymouth and extend inland as far as Guildford & Farnham.
Employing in the region of 450 personnel group wide, the company enjoys an annual turnover in excess of £200 million, retailing over 12,600 new & used vehicles and trading a further 4,800 used vehicles. The company’s newly constructed head office and CDK Autoline system are situated at Yeomans House in Ferring where the accounts team control a centralised set-up and the Managing Director and Finance Director are based.
A recent period of growth presents the opportunity to employ an additional Company Accountant who would report to and work closely with the Finance Director.
The Company Accountant will be responsible for the accounting functions of several dealerships, representing multiple franchises. The successful candidate will be comfortable with a shirtsleeves approach and will be prepared to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to fully support the Finance Director.
Key responsibilities are:
- Ensure accuracy of bonus accounts, warranty accounts and commission accounts for several dealerships and that they are regularly reviewed and reconciled;
- Accruals, prepayments and other balance sheet accounts for a number of dealerships;
- Accurate and timely entry of several journals for the wider Yeomans group;
- Review of monthly management accounts at dealership level to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Prepare monthly composite submissions for several dealerships & franchises;
- Carry out regular vehicle stock checks and supervise parts stock checks at dealerships;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of manufacturers statements;
- Assisting the Finance Director with year-end reporting and other reporting tasks;
- Supervising staff at Accounts Assistant level and sharing in the responsibilities of day-to-day office management.
The post would suit an individual looking to make a long-term commitment to a very successful company.
Applications are sought from candidates who can display previous experience in motor trade accounting at a suitable level. The role would suit part qualified or newly qualified accountants although these accounting qualifications are not a prerequisite of the role should the candidate display suitable previous experience.