Bookkeeper – Matthews Hanton
My client is Matthews Hanton Ltd., a successful accountancy practice based in Bognor Regis which has a superb reputation for providing businesses with the full range of accountancy, taxation and payroll services. The director of the firm is looking for a new team member to take on a varied client bookkeeping role. Your remit will include:
• Bookkeeping duties for a portfolio of around 40 SME clients using Sage 50, Xero and QuickBooks.
• HMRC submissions and keeping clients informed about their payment deadlines.
• Liaising with clients regarding all aspects of the process and ensuring they receive a top-notch service at all times.
• Supporting the director and colleagues to ensure team objectives are met.
The successful candidate for this important role will be:
• An experienced Practice bookkeeper, or a commercial assistant accountant with exceptionally strong Xero expertise.
• AAT qualified or with an equivalent qualification/practical experience.
• A great team player who is self-motivated and has excellent time management skills.
• Confident in dealing with clients and with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of modern accounting applications such as Sage, Xero and QuickBooks.
If you are an experienced bookkeeper and are keen to join a really positive and supportive team within a highly-respected practice, then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that this is an office-based position with the possibility of working one day per week at home after probation. Hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with 40 minutes’ lunch. Holiday allowance is six weeks. Salary is £25-30,000.