Assistant Manager – Hodson & Co.
My client is Hodson & Co., a family firm of chartered accountants based in Worthing, West Sussex. As a long-established practice, great emphasis is placed on both the quality of advice given to clients and the level of personal service. The partners are looking for a newly or recently qualified ACCA or ACA accountant to join the team as assistant manager with a view to progressing to manager level.
The role will involve managing the accounts/audit process from planning through to completion, providing technical support to the partner, assisting with client meetings, mentoring junior staff, delegating work and involvement in business development activities.
In this varied role, your key responsibilities will be:
• Managing a portfolio of clients from a wide range of sectors.
• Managing teams of junior staff in client accounts preparation and audit assignments.
• Assisting with technical queries.
• Billing management.
• Business advisory work.
• Assisting with business development activities.
Our ideal candidate will bring the followingqualifications, experience, and attributes:
• Recently ACA or ACCA qualified in practice, ideally with audit experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to build strong client relationships and gain new business.
You will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package which includes:
• Work from home – 2 days per week.
• Referral programme.
• Occupational sick pay.
• Salary sacrifice.
• Cycle to Work scheme.
• Wellness/medical scheme.
• Annual leave purchase scheme
• Casual dress (Fridays!)
• On-site parking
If you are looking for a fresh challenge with a modern and progressive firm of accountants and are keen to further your career to manager level, then we would love to hear from you! Salary range is £41,500 to £47,500.