Accounts Manager – Paynes Plumbing & Heating Services Ltd.
This is a terrific new opportunity for a talented and versatile accounts manager to join Paynes Heating & Plumbing Services Ltd., one of the area’s leading privately-owned SME’s. Reporting to the managing director, you will have responsibility for:
- Overseeing daily sales invoicing and purchase ledgers using TASBooks and simPRO
- Financial accounts preparation to include P&L and balance sheet control
- Liaising with external accountant at year-end (June)
- Banking and bank reconciliations
- Petty cash and other ad hoc accounts-related duties
- Aged debtor analysis and credit control
- VAT and all HMRC compliance
- Monthly payroll
- Acting as the go-to person for all things IT related within the business
- Company secretarial duties, for example insurances and legal
- Monthly management accounts, commentary and reporting.
Our ideal candidate for this broad and varied role, will be:
- AAT qualified, part-qualified in ACCA/CIMA, or qualified by experience
- Able to bring five to ten years’ experience gained within a busy SME
- Well-organised, efficient, self-motivated and professional
- Comfortable working in a lively team atmosphere and with a bit of office banter!
- Happy to muck in to ensure back office functions run smoothly
- Exceptionally confident in the use of modern accounting systems and an advanced user of Excel
- Happy to impart this expertise to colleagues!
- Keen to make a long-term commitment
- A car driver/owner
- Already living within an easy commute of a rural area near to Uckfield.
If this sounds like you, and you are ready for a fresh challenge with a great local business, then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that this is an office-based position and hours are 40 per week. Some home working will be acceptable (two days per week). Salary is £38-43,000 plus 25 days’ holiday.